Monday, July 4, 2011

This week we will be learning…about Homes and the Library!

Date: Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 Theme: Homes

Concepts:
1. A home is where I live with my family.
2. There are different rooms in my home for different purposes- a kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedroom.
3. There are several homes in my community and no two homes are the same.

Learning Centers
CC: Build/draw my home
SS: Playdough letters
MM: Things in my home- categorizing
LA: Opposites and Direction words
DP: Play House!
Music and Movement: Direction words continued (Over, Under, On, In, Through, Beside, Behind)
Outside: Measuring with measuring cups and spoons

Circle Time
Activity: Where do I go? Which room in the house?

Snack: Graham Cracker Houses (with P.B. and raisins) and Milk

What you can do at home:
Gather misplaced items and race to see who can put them in the right spots.
Go on a walk and talk about similarities and differences of the houses you see in your community. Are any of them the same color as yours? How many houses on this block have a red door? Etc…



Date: Thurs, June 30th, 2011 Theme: Library

Concepts:
1. The library is where I can go to borrow books and other things.
2. There are places in the library where everyone speaks softly so we don’t bother people who are studying.
3. The librarian helps me find books and tells great stories at story time.

Learning Centers
CC: Nature Bookmarks
SS: Floating on Air
MM: Page Number Scavenger Hunt
LA: A Book About ME!
DP: Puppets!
Music and Movement: NA
Outside: *Field trip!* Walk to the Library for Preschool Story Time!

Circle Time
Activity: Sharing Lesson- how we borrow books from the library

Snack: Painted Toast and peaches and milk

What you can do at home:
Pretend to check out books to each other.